- 2 (1 1/2 pound) live lobsters
- 6 cups lobster or shrimp stock
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 leeks, well rinsed and thinly sliced (about 2 cups)
- 1 1/2 cups fresh white corn kernels (about 2 ears)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups Arborio rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 dozen mussels, cleaned and debearded
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 dozen oysters, shucked
- 1/4 cup dulse flakes (dried seaweed)
- 8 chive stalks, for garnish
- Place the lobsters in a large pot of boiling salted water and cook until cooked through, about 8 to 10 minutes. Remove and drain in a colander. Rinse under cold running water and drain. When cool enough to handle, remove the tail meat, and chop into 1/2-inch pieces. Remove the claw meat and set aside whole.
- In a large, heavy saucepan, bring the stock to a simmer. Remove from the heat, cover and keep warm until needed.
- In a heavy pot, heat the oil and butter over medium-high heat. Add the leeks and cook, stirring, until begin to soften, about 5 minutes. Add the corn, garlic, salt and pepper, and cook, stirring, until the leeks are soft but not brown and the corn is tender, about 3 minutes. Add the rice and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the wine and simmer, stirring, until absorbed, about 2 minutes. Add the hot stock 1/2 cup at a time, and cook, stirring constantly, until each addition of stock is nearly completely absorbed. Continue until all of the stock has been added and the risotto iscreamy. During the last addition of the stock, add the mussels and cook until they open and the risotto is at the right consistency. (It will take about 20 to 25 minutes to add all of the stock and for the risotto to reach the right consistency.) Stir in the cream, oysters and reserved lobster tail meat and cook for 2 minutes. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper.
- Divide the risotto among 4 serving plates. Garnish each with 1 lobster claw and 1 tablespoon of dulse. Arrange 2 chive stalks across each bowl and serve.
Lobster, Leek And Corn Risotto With Dulse
Emeril's Kicked Up Stovetop Clam Bake With Lobsters, Mussels, Potatoes, Artichokes, And Sausages
Lobster, Mushroom And Sweet Corn In A Pastry Boat
Poached Arctic Char With Fiddlehead Ferns And Chanterelles
Garlic Escargot With Goat Cheese, Fennel And Bacon Stuffed Mushrooms
Salt Cod And Lobster Cakes With Roasted Corn Relish And A Classic Tartare Sauce
Watercress And Shoots Salad With Toasted Flax Seeds, Fresh Berries, Oka Cheese Croutons And Flax Seed Oil Vinaigrette
Baked Oysters with Braised Leeks and Tasso Hollandaise
Crabmeat Stuffed Pompano With Roasted Baby Leeks And A Parsley Garlic Butter Sauce
Cipollini Stuffed Chicken Breasts And Poached Leeks With A Dijon Vinaigrette