- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 cups thinly sliced yellow onions
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup beef or chicken stock
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons Creole mustard, or other spicy whole grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring, until caramelized, about 15 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the stock and bring to a boil. Cook, stirring, occasionally, until reduced by 1/2. Add the honey, mustard and vinegar, and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer until thickened, about 6 minutes. Remove from the heat and cool for at least 10 minutes before serving with the sausages.