- 1/2 pound chorizo sausage, removed from casings and chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 fresh bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 (10-ounce) package fresh spinach, stems removed and rinsed
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook the chorizo until brown and the fat is rendered, about 4 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- To the oil in the pan, add the onion, bell pepper, salt, red pepper flakes and bay leaves and cook until the onion is soft, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic, chickpeas and chorizo and cook, stirring, until the peas just begin to turn golden, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Arrange 1/3 of the spinach in a casserole dish. Pour half of the chickpea mixture over the spinach, and top with another layer of spinach leaves. Pour the remaining chickpeas on top, and top with the remaining spinach. Pour the white wine over the top, cover and bake until the chickpeas are tender and the spinach is wilted, about 15 minutes, adding more wine or water as necessary.
Garbanzo Beans And Spinach Casserole
Spinach and Rice Casserole with Feta and Toasted Walnuts
Spinach, Mushroom, And Artichoke Casserole
Tomato And Fresh Cheese Curd Salad
Whole Fish Baked In Tomatoes, Onions, And Garlic
Fresh Spinach And Oyster Rissoles
Popeyeís Fresh Spinach And Goat Cheese Strudels
Creamed Potatoes With Spinach And Roasted Garlic
Rice And Black Bean Dressing
Fresh Fiddlehead Fern, Crawfish And White Bean Ragout