- 1/2 pound baking potatoes, like russets, peeled and cut into 1-inch wedges
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped yellow onions
- 1/4 cup small diced red bell peppers
- 1/4 cup small diced yellow bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 pound lump crabmeat, cleaned and picked for cartilage
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan Reggiano
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoons Creole mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 5 teaspoons Essence
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Sour Cream Remoulade Sauce
- In a small, heavy saucepan, place the potatoes, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and enough water to cover by 1 inch. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer and until the potatoes are fork tender, about 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and drain in a colander.
- Return the potatoes to the saucepan. Add the cream, butter and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. With the heat on medium-low, mash until well blended, about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool.
- In a medium sauté pan heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onions and peppers, and sauté until soft, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Remove the pan from the heat and let cool.
- In a bowl, combine the mashed potatoes, cooked vegetables, crab meat, green onions, grated cheese, parsley, Creole mustard, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, 2 teaspoons Essence, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Mix to incorporate.
- In a shallow bowl, season the flour with 1 teaspoon of the Essence. In another bowl, whisk the remaining egg with the water. In a third bowl, combine the bread crumbs and 1 teaspoon of the Essence.
- Divide the crab-potato mixture into 1/3-cup portions, and form into patties about 1-inch thick. Dredge both sides of each cake in the seasoned flour, dip in the egg wash, letting the excess drip off, then dredge in the seasoned bread crumbs, covering both sides completely. Set aside on a baking sheet to bread the remaining mixture.
- In a large, heavy skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over high heat. Carefully add the cakes to the pan being careful not to overcrowd, and cook until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Remove the cakes from the pan and drain on a paper-lined plate. Season the cakes with the remaining teaspoon of Essence and serve immediately with Remoulade sauce.
Sour Cream Remoulade
Vanilla And Bourbon Marinated Pork Loin With Sour Cream Mashed Sweet Potatoes And Pecan Gravy
Grilled Filet of Beef with Blue Cheese Glacage, Bacon and Sour Cream Mashed Potatoes and a Drizzle of Emeril's Homemade Worcestershire Sauce
Mashed Potato Crabcakes With Choron Sauce
Meringue Shells With Macerated Strawberries, Whipped Cream And Hazelnut Chocolate Sauce
Smoked Shrimp Cakes With A Warm Fire Roasted Remoulade And Sweet Potato Nests
Salmon, Yukon Gold Potatoes And Artichoke Hearts With Lemon Vinaigrette And Choron Sauce
Homemade Vanilla Pizzelle Waffle Cones With Sour Cream Ice Cream
Vegetable Quesadilla With Caramelized Onion Marmalade And Cilantro Sour Cream
Spicy Sour Cream Dip