- 1 large bunch asparagus, woody ends trimmed
- 6 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 8 ounces fresh morel, or chanterelle mushrooms, stems trimmed, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced tarragon
- Bring a saucepan of salted water to a boil. Place the asparagus in the water and blanch until just fork tender, yet still firm, 4 to 6 minutes. Remove the asparagus from the water and dry on paper towels.
- In a skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms, and sauté until soft and they start to give off their liquid, about 4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and stir in the tarragon.
- Wrap 3 asparagus stalks with a prosciutto slice to make a bundle. Repeat with remaining asparagus and prosciutto. Place on a serving platter and spoon the warm mushrooms over the top. Serve.
Grilled Escolar With A Saute Of Fresh Asparagus, Baby Morels And Currant Tomatoes
Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus With Sauteed Mushroooms
Prosciutto Wrapped Halibut With A Caper And Tomato Butter Sauce
Bacon Wrapped Monkfish With Beurre Rouge
Tournedos Of Beef With Morel Mushroom Sauce
Prosciutto Wrapped Trout
Salmon, Yukon Gold Potatoes And Artichoke Hearts With Lemon Vinaigrette And Choron Sauce
Mashed Potato Crabcakes With Sour Cream Remoulade
Meringue Shells With Macerated Strawberries, Whipped Cream And Hazelnut Chocolate Sauce
Hollandaise With Fresh Asparagus