- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus additional olive oil for frying
- 3/4 cup green onions, shaved
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1/2 pound shrimp, peeled, deviened and finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- Cilantro and Lime Crema
- Into a large mixing bowl, sift the flour, chickpea flour, baking powder, salt, and pepper.
- In a sauté pan set on a medium-high heat, add the olive oil and sauté the green onions until soft, about 2 minutes. Add the green onions, parsley, Essence, and the shrimp to the dry ingredients. Slowly add the milk and stir to make a batter. Cover and let rest for 1 1/2 hours.
- In a large sauté pan set over a medium-high heat, add enough oil to coat the bottom of the pan. Spoon 2 tablespoons of batter into the pan and cook until bubbles form, about 2 minutes. Turn and cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes on the second side. Drain on paper towels and repeat with the remaining batter. Serve hot with Cilantro and Lime Crema.
Cilantro And Lime Crema
Tequila Marinated Shrimp Pizza With Chorizo, Onions, Bell Peppers, And Cilantro Pesto
Bacon Pancakes With Walnut Butter And Caramelized Onions
Emeril's Shrimp and Pasta with Garlic, Lemon, Crushed Red Pepper, and Green Onions
Roasted Garlic Custards With Seared Shrimp And Green Onion Coulis
Hickory-smoked Pork Chops With Braised Greens And Green Onion Rice Pilaf
Shrimp And Green Onion Pancakes
Crispy Catfish And Black Eyed Peas, Bacon And Caramelized Onion Relish With Fried Collard Greens
Black Bean Cakes With Chunky Guacamole And Lime Crema
Roasted Chicken With Caramelized Onions, Andouille And Sweet Corn Bread Pudding With Southern Cooked Greens