- 6 (6-inch) white pita breads
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon Emeril's Original Essence
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup finely grated Parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut each pita bread in half horizontally to make 2 rounds. (There will be 12 total rounds.)
- In a small bowl, cream the butter with a rubber spatula or wooden spoon. Add the parsley, garlic, Essence, and salt and mix well. Spread about 1 1/2 teaspoons of the mixture across each pita round. Sprinkle the top of each evenly with 1 heaping tablespoon of the cheese.
- Place the rounds on a cutting board and using a pizza wheel, cut each into 5 strips. Transfer to a large baking sheet and bake until golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes. (The strips will continue to crisp as they cool.)
- Serve warm or at room temperature as hors d'oeuvres or snacks, or as accompaniments to soup or salad.
Caramelized Onion and Parmesan Cheese Soup with Parmesan Cheese Toasts
Parmesan Cheese Toast Points
Parmesan Cheese Toasts
Chorizo Crusted Scallops With Cilantro Guacamole And Tortilla Strips
Marinated Fresh Sardines With Bocconcini And Red Bell Pepper Strips
Katafi Wrapped Chicken Strips With 2 Dipping Sauces
Parmesan Fennel Breadsticks
Fried Parmesan Eggplant Sticks With Garlic And Cilantro Sauce
Parmesan Herb Croutons