- 6 cups vegetable oil
- 1 large, long eggplant (about 2 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon plus 1 tablespoon Essence
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Heat the oil in a large, heavy sauté pan to 360 degrees F.
- Peel the eggplant and cut in half lengthwise. Cut each half into 1/4-inch thick slices (like long French fries). Toss the slices with 1 teaspoon Essence and the salt to coat evenly. Season the flour with the remaining tablespoon of Essence. Beat the eggs and milk in a shallow bowl.
- Lightly dredge the eggplant slices in the flour to coat, shaking off any excess. Dip the coated strips into the egg wash, then back into the flour. In batches, fry the eggplant strips in the hot oil until golden, turning with a long-handled spoon as they cook to brown evenly, about 2 minutes.
- Put the powdered sugar in a small decorative bowl for passing at the table.
- Remove and drain on paper towels. Dip in powdered sugar as you eat.
Fried Parmesan Eggplant Sticks With Garlic And Cilantro Sauce
Fried Eggplant Salad With Sweet Corn Dressing
Garlic Roasted Eggplant
Greek Stuffed Eggplant
Eggplant And Spinach Curry
Portuguese Piri Piri Beef On A Stick With Cilantro Potato Salad
Fried Oysters With Horseradish Cream And Tomato Corn Salsa
Poached Oysters In Pernod Cream And Fried Spinach
Pork And Eggplant Cutlets With Olive Tomato Sauce
Oyster Rockefeller Soup Garnished with Crispy Bacon and Fried Oysters