- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 medium ripe, firm pears, stems removed
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F.
- Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small saucepan combine the sugar and water, and dissolve, stirring, over medium-low heat. Add the lemon juice and cardamom, and stir. Remove from the heat and let cool slightly.
- With a mandoline or other slicing machine, thinly slice the pears lengthwise to 1/8-inch thickness. Dip the pear slices in the syrup and shake to remove any excess. Arrange the slices tightly in a single layer on the baking sheets.
- Bake in the oven until crisp, about 2 to 3 hours, switching the baking sheets several times during the cooking process.
Raspberry And Dried Pear Napoleons
Wild Rice and Dried Cranberry Dressing
Seared Duck Breast With Pear And Dried Cherry Compote With Shallot Reduction
Spicy Marinated Jalapenos, Haricots Verts, Red Pear Tomatoes And Okra
Caramalized Pears With Proscuitto And A Drizzle Of Balsamic Syrup
Celery Root Pear Puree
Pear And Parsnip Puree
Smoked Salmon Napoleons