- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, plus 3 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cooked white rice
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon Emerilís Essence
- 4 large eggs, separated, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup sifted flour
- Vegetable oil
- In a heavy skillet, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter over medium-high heat. Add the corn and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the onions, pecans and salt, and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool.
- Heat a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat.
- In a large bowl stir together the rice, buttermilk, melted butter and Essence. Fold in the cooled corn mixture. In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the yolks at medium speed until thickened, about 4 minutes. Blend in the flour, then stir into the rice mixture. In a separate bowl beat the egg whites until they hold medium-stiff peaks, about 3 minutes. Fold the whites into the rice mixture, being careful not to deflate.
- Grease the skillet with 2 tablespoons of oil, then drop 2 tablespoons of batter onto the skillet for each pancake. Cook until just golden brown on the bottom and bubbles form on the surface of the top, about 2 minutes. Flip the cakes and cook until just brown on the other side, about 1 minute. Remove from the pan and serve hot as an accompaniment to grilled or roasted meats or chicken.
Rice And Pecan Griddle Cakes
Kicked Up Fried Rice With Shrimp And Crabmeat
Calas: New Orleans Rice Cakes
Rice Pudding With Rum Raisins And Sugared Almonds
Wild Pecan Rice, Bacon And Tasso Dressing
Wild Rice And Chopped Pecans
Wild Pecan Rice Dressing
Rice And Black Bean Dressing
Pepper And Herb Green Rice
Rice With Peas And Pine Nuts