- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1/2 pound andouille sausage, sliced and quartered
- 1 cup cubed tasso
- 1 cup diced onions
- 1/2 cup diced bell peppers
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 teaspoon Creole Seasoning*
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced green onions
- 2 one-pound French bread dough balls or frozen bread dough
- *Creole Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sweet basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 1/4 teaspoons sweet paprika
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- In a saucepan over medium heat combine the beef, pork and andouille sausage. Cook until the meat starts to brown. Drain the meat of excess grease.
- Add the tasso, onions, bell peppers, celery, Creole Seasoning and hot sauce. Cook, stirring, for 10 minutes and then add the flour and continue to cook for 5 minutes, scraping the bottom of the pan with a spoon.
- Add the beef broth and cook until the meat mixture thickens, about 10 minutes. Add the cheese and green onions and cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl and cool in the refrigerator.
- Place 2 one-pound French bread dough balls on floured surface and roll out to 1/2-inch thick rectangles (about 4x8 inches).
- Divide the filling into four parts and spread two strips of filling lengthwise onto each rolled-out piece of bread dough, leaving space between the two strips.
- Fold about one inch of each end toward the center. Then roll the dough, using the long side, into a cylinder like a cigar. Seal the ends with a dab of water.
- Bake for 40 minutes and enjoy with a glass of spicy Zinfandel.
Creole Stuffed Bread (crabmeat ÈtouffÈe Version)
Shrimp And Crabmeat Stuffed Mirlitons
Red Wine Biscuits
Lemon Chardonnay Cake
Emeril's Favorite Boiled Shrimp
Monticello Salad Dressing
Pork With Caramelized Onions And Apricots
Sauteed Crab With Lemon And Capers
Irish Soda Bread
Chilled Shrimp And Pasta Salad