- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 quarts chicken broth
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Emeril's Original Essence
- 4 bunches fresh ramps, trimmed and large leaves removed
- FOR GARNISH:
- 4 grilled ramps
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Crust bread
- Combine the vegetable oil and the flour in a large, heavy pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Cook, stirring constantly, to make a blond roux, 5 to 6 minutes. Whisk in the stock and the cream. Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Lightly grill 6 of the ramps. Cut the remaining ramps into 1-inch pieces. Add the chopped ramps to the soup, season with salt and pepper, and simmer for about 40 minutes. Remove from the heat and using a hand-held blender, puree the soup until smooth.
- Ladle the soup into shallow bowls, garnish with the grilled ramps and the parsley. Serve with crusty bread.
Stuffed Morels With Crawfish Remoulade
Baked Ramp Custard With Ramp Relish
Fried Softshell Crab, White Asparagus And Wild Sorrel With A Grilled Ramp Dressing
Baby Ramp And New Potato Soup With Mini Truffled Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
Sauteed Ramps With Apple Smoked Bacon
Alana Shocko Mama's Grilled Vegetable Gazpacho Of Love
Grilled Vegetable Soup
Baby Ramp And New Potato Soup
Grilled Sardines Over Portuguese Stew
Pacific Coast Salmon And Wild Ramps, With A Morel, Crawfish, And Fiddlehead Fern Ragout