- 4 tablespoons fat (or vegetable shortening)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 2 cups pitted fresh cherries
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream the fat and sugar in a mixing bowl. Add the eggs and milk. Add the remaining ingredients and beat for two minutes. Pour the mixture into a shallow, greased baking pan. Bake for 25 minutes and serve warm, with a generous amount of the creamy sauce.