- FRUIT MIXTURE:
- 4 pounds ripe peaches, peeled, sliced and mashed
- One-half cup sugar
- One-eighth teaspoon salt
- CREAM MIXTURE:
- One-half cup vanilla-sugar (1 vanilla bean crushed and mixed into 1 cup of sugar in a closed canister), strained
- 1 quart heavy cream
- Note: You will have more ice cream and it will be smoother-textured if you make the mixtures a day ahead.
- Combine all the fruit mixture ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until the sugar dissolves.
- Combine the cream mixture ingredients. Partly churn-freeze (see below) these ingredients. Fill the container only two-thirds full of the cream mixture to permit expansion.
- To pack the freezer, allow 4 parts chipped or cracked ice to 1 part coarse rock salt. Pack about one third of the freezer with ice and add layers of salt and ice around the container until the freezer is full. Allow the pack to stand about 3 minutes before you start turning-slowly at first, about 40 revolutions a minute, until a slight pull is felt, then triple the speed for 5 or 6 minutes. Add the fruit mixture at this point. Then repack and taper off the churning to about 80 revolutions a minute for a few minutes more.
- Make sure there is still enough of the ice/salt layers to continue freezing the ice cream, if not, repack. The ice cream should be ready in about half an hour.
Adrienne's Bing Cherry And Olallieberry Crisp
Adrienne's Spicy Soft Shelled Crab Sandwiches
Adrienne's Baked Goat's Cheese
Adrienne's Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
Adrienne's Corn Bread With Matos Cheese
Adrienne's Prosciutto, Goat Cheese, And Fig Pizza
Ginger Ice Cream
Mama's Ice Cream
Fig And Grand Marnier Ice Cream
Adrienne's Almond Chocolate Truffles