- 3 English muffins, split in half
- 2 cups Tuna Salad
- 12 thin slices mild Cheddar cheese or 6 slices processed American cheese (about 3 ounces)
- Cover the toaster oven baking sheet with aluminum foil. Set aside.
- On the wire rack of the toaster oven, lightly toast the halved English muffinsóin batches, if necessary.
- Using oven mitts or pot holders, remove the English muffins from the toaster oven and place on the covered baking sheet in one layer, cut side up.
- Divide the tuna salad evenly among the toasted muffin halves.
- Top each half with 2 slices of the Cheddar cheese (or 1 slice of the American cheese).
- Return the baking sheet to the toaster oven and broil until the cheese is melted and bubbly, about 3 minutes.
- Using the mitts or pot holders, remove from the oven and serve.
- This tuna salad tastes just as good on regular, untoasted bread.