- 1 cup dried chickpeas
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- One-half cup tahini butter
- One-half teaspoon cayenne
- Fresh chopped parsley to garnish
- Soak the chickpeas overnight, then rinse and drain. Put the chickpeas in a large pot and add enough water to cover them. Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer until tender, about 1 hour. Drain and reserve 1 cup of the cooking liquid. Process the garlic in a processor until finely minced. Add the remaining ingredients, except parsley, to the processor and process until smooth. Transfer the mixture to a bowl, cover and refrigerate at least 6 hours before serving. Garnish with the chopped parsley.