- 3 Tablespoons Canola oil
- 2 1/2 pounds lean pork shoulder, cubed
- 2 medium onions sliced
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- 3 carrots cut into chunks
- 1 1/2-cup button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 medium cinnamon stick
- 2 large bay leaves
- 3-cups dark beer
- 1/3-cup rye bread crumbs
- salt and pepper
- chopped parsley for garnish
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large pan, over medium-high heat. Add the pork and cook for five minutes until well browned. Remove with slotted spoon and set aside.
- Reduce the heat, add the remaining oil and sauté the onion and garlic for five minutes. Stir in the carrots and mushrooms and cook for five minutes, then add the spices and bay leaf. Return the meat to the pan and stir in the beer and breadcrumbs.
- Season, bring to the boil, then reduce the heat, partially cover and simmer very gently for about 1 hour.
- Remove the bay leaf and cinnamon. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.