- 16 ounces fat-free cream cheese
- Three-fourths cup LeBlanc's Dark Cane Jelly
- One-third cup sweetened, condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs (separated)
- CHOCOLATE CANE RUM SAUCE:
- 4 tablespoons LeBlanc's Lite Cane Jelly
- One-half tablespoon butter
- One-half cup whipping cream
- 4 tablespoons dark rum
- †4 tablespoons Ovaltine chocolate
- Sliced strawberries for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- Soften the cream cheese and the cane jelly in a microwave at 15-second intervals. Blend with the vanilla and the egg yolks. Mix until the texture is smooth. Beat the egg whites until fluffy. Add the condensed milk and continue to whip. Combine the cane jelly mixture with the egg whites. Beat until mixture is blended. Pour into individual custard cups. Bake for 40 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Remove from the cups and serve with Chocolate Cane Rum Sauce.
- CHOCOLATE CANE RUM SAUCE: In a saucepan on medium heat, combine the cane jelly with the butter and melt. Add the whipping cream, rum and Ovaltine. Stir until all ingredients are blended. Remove from heat and place in container. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Spoon the sauce onto serving dishes. Place a wedge of the cheesecake on top of the sauce and garnish with sliced strawberries.