- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/4 cups(packed) light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Pinch of black pepper
- 2 cups fresh blueberries, washed and stemmed
- 2 pounds peaches, peeled, pitted and cut into wedges (about 3 cups)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1/2 stick butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 unbaked 9 inch pie crust
- 2 cups sweetened whipped cream
- 8 sprigs of fresh mint
- Shaker of powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a saucepan, combine the water, 3/4 cup brown sugar, cornstarch, salt, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon of grated nutmeg, and pepper, whisk until smooth. Place the pan over high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Place the blueberries and peaches in a mixing bowl and pour the syrup over the peaches. Toss well and cool for 10 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the remaining 1/2 cup brown sugar, remaining 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, remaining 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, flour, oatmeal, and butter. Using your fingers, work the mixture together until it resembles a coarse crumb-like mixture. Pour the fruit mixture into the prepared pie shell. Sprinkle the topping over the top of the fruit filling. Bake for 1 hour, or until the crust is golden. Remove the pie from the oven and cool for 15 minutes before slicing.
- Slice and serve warm. Garnish with the sweetened whipped cream, fresh mint and powdered sugar.
- Yields: 8 servings
Blueberry Peach Cobbler
Fresh Peach Fried Pies With A Cinnamon Crust And Roasted Peach And Raspberry Ice Cream
Summer Blueberry Cobbler With Vanilla Ice Cream
Charlie Trotters Whole Roasted Figs With Goat's Cheese Ice Cream, Spicy Fig Sauce And Oatmeal Tuiles
Apple, Pear, And Raspberry Stew With Oatmeal Dumplings
Lemony Panna Cotta With Fresh Blueberry Sauce
Lemon Curd Tart With Fresh Blueberries
Peach Fried Pies With A Cinnamon Crust
Fresh Peach Ice Cream With Rainier Cherries
Peach Custard With Macaroons