- 5 ounces condensed milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- One 14-ounce package sweetened flaked coconut
- 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl combine the condensed milk, powdered sugar and vanilla extract. Stir well until thoroughly incorporated and smooth. Add the coconut and stir well to combine.
- With a tablespoon, scoop out portions of the candy mixture onto a baking sheet. With wet hands roll the candies into rounds. Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
- In the top of a double-boiler or metal bowl set over a pot of simmering water, melt the chocolate chips. Pourthe chocolate into a shallow bowl and, using two forks or toothpicks, dip the coconut balls into the chocolate and roll to coat completely. Shake off the excess, and place on a rack set over a baking sheet covered with wax paper. Repeat with the remaining candies and let air dry, or refrigerate to harden.
Gigiís Little Bitía Nutty Heaven
Tropical Fruit Beignet With Mango Coulis And Coconut Ice Cream
Coconut Mango Bread Pudding With Caramel Rum Sauce And Fried Coconut Strips
Coconut Layer Cake
Cashew-Crusted Coconut Cream Pie with Lime Meringue