- 8 large egg yolks
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup loose green tea
- Pinch salt
- In a large bowl beat the egg yolks with the sugar. Set aside.
- In a heavy saucepan, scald the milk. Remove from the heat. Add the tea, cover and steep for 4 minutes. Strain through a fine mesh sieve into a clean pot, pressing with a rubber spatula to extract as much liquid as possible. Add heavy cream and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Ladle 1/3 of the cream mixture into the eggs and whisk well to combine. Add all the egg mixture to the pot and cook over low heat, stirring, until thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, about 5 minutes.
- Strain through a fine mesh sieve into a clean container and cool in the refrigerator, about 2 hours.
- Pour into an ice cream maker and process according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Transfer to a plastic container and keep in the freezer until ready to serve.
Seared Duck Breasts With A Citrus Tea Sauce
Emeril's Feel Good Tea
Ice Cream With Fig Compote Topping
Hazelnut Ice Cream
Tropical Fruit Beignet With Mango Coulis And Coconut Ice Cream
Mr. Lou's Chocolate Brownie And Coffee Ice Cream Sandwich
Banana Ice Cream With Caramel Sauce And Crispy Plantain Chips
Ginger Ice Cream
Rhubarb Cobbler With Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
Warm Blackberry Cobbler with Creole Cream Cheese Ice Cream