- 4 boneless Muscovy duck breast halves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Emerilís Original Essence
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced shallots
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sliced garlic
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons loose Earl Grey tea leaves
- 3 cups dark chicken or duck stock
- 4 teaspoons sweet orange marmalade
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Score the fatty side of the duck breasts. Season on both sides with the Essence, salt and pepper and place in the refrigerator overnight.
- In a large, heavy skillet over high heat cook duck breasts skin side down until golden brown and crispy, about 6 minutes. Turn and sear the 2nd side for 1 minute. Transfer the duck breasts to a pan.
- Remove all but 2 tablespoons of the duck fat from the skillet. Add the shallots and saute for 1 minute. Add the garlic and saute for 30 seconds. Add the orange juice and tea. Bring to a boil and reduce by 50% in volume. Add the stock, reduce the heat to medium-low, and simmer until reduced by 50% in volume, about 15 minutes. Place the duck breasts in the oven to heat through and finish cooking while the final sauce is being assembled, about 5 minutes for medium-rare.
- Strain the sauce through a fine mesh strainer, pressing on the solids with the back of a spoon to extract all the liquid. Return the sauce to the pan. Add the marmalade and rosemary, and stir to combine. Taste and adjust the seasoning as necessary. Whisk in the butter and remove from the heat. Remove the duck breasts from the oven and divide among 4 serving plates. Spoon the sauce over the duck breasts and serve.
Seared Duck Breasts With A Citrus Tea Sauce
Seared Duck Breast With Pear And Dried Cherry Compote With Shallot Reduction
Seared Chile Marinated Breast Of Chicken With Mole Cream Sauce And Tamarind Glaze
Seared Magret Duck Breasts With Duck Fat, Pan-roasted Fingerling Potatoes, Haricots Verts And A Balsamic Cherry Reduction
Citrus and Tea-Glazed Duck
Seared Muscovy Duck Breast, Baby Arugula, Radicchio, Endive, Walnut And Goat Cheese Salad With Diced Fuji Apples And Blackberry Vinaigrette
Seared Five Spice Duck Breast With Snow Peas And Watercress
Duck Breast with Roasted Apricots and Pistachio Cream Sauce
Green Tea Ice Cream
Emeril's Feel Good Tea