- 3/4 cup hazelnuts, toasted and skinned
- 8 ounces Bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 8 ounces Milk chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons Frangelico liqueur
- ACCOMPANIMENTS SUGGESTIONS:
- Banana slices
- Thin, crisp cookies such as lace cookies, sables or shortbread
- Pound cake squares
- Fresh coconut pieces
- Orange scented cake or cookies and/or candied orange peel
- Process hazelnuts in a food processor until finely chopped.
- In the top of a double boiler over simmering water melt chocolates and butter, stirring until smooth and butter is thoroughly incorporated.
- In a saucepan heat cream until hot but not boiling. Stir into melted chocolate little by little, stirring until completely incorporated between additions. Stir in hazelnuts and Frangelico.
- Serve in a fondue pot over a very low flame, with your choice of accompaniments.