- FOR THE FISH:
- 2 fresh sea trout, filleted with the skin on
- Olive oil
- Emerilís Creole Seasoning:
- 2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- FOR THE POTATOES AND VEGETABLES:
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 pounds first of the season red potatoes, boiled until fork tender
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound sugar snap peas, cleaned and blanched
- 2 large bundles asparagus, blanched
- FOR THE LOVAGE AND GREEN GARLIC SAUCE:
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup lovage, chopped
- 1/4 cup green garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Season the trout with olive oil and Creole seasoning. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet and place in the oven. Bake for 10 minutes, or until fish is cooked through.
- For the potatoes and vegetables: Heat a large sauté pan. Add 3 tablespoons of the butter and the new potatoes. Sauté in the butter for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. In another sauté pan, sauté the snap peas in 2 tablespoons of butter for 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. In another sauté pan, sauté the asparagus in the remaining tablespoon of butter. Season with salt and pepper. Turn all of the vegetables out onto a large platter and keep warm.
- For the sauce: Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan. Season with salt and pepper. When the oil is hot, add the lovage, green garlic and crushed red pepper and cook for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- To serve: Place the fish on top of the vegetables and potatoes. Pour the sauce over the fish. Garnish with Creole seasoning.
- Emeril’s Creole Seasoning: Combine all ingredients thoroughly.
- Yield: 2/3 cup
Crispy Sea Bass With Confit Of Yukon Gold Potatoes, Pancetta And Fresh Sweet Peas
Black Pepper Crusted Sea Scallops With A Crab Meat And Fiddlehead Fern Relish With Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
Andouille Crusted Redfish with a Roasted Pecan Vegetable Relish, Meuniere Sauce and a Pile of Shoestring Potatoes
Pecan Crusted Trigger Fish With A Roasted Pecan Vegetable Relish, Meuniere Sauce And A Pile Of Shoestring Potatoes
Rhubarb And Strawberry Pie With Almond Crumb Topping
Emeril's Grilled Cowboy Steak With Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Fried Oysters And A Drizzle Of Homemade Worcestershire Sauce
Whole Hot Sauced Fried Chickens With Floís Potato Salad And Southern Cooked Greens
Emeril's Farmers Market Salad
Poached Trout With Lemon Butter Sauce And Parsley Potatoes
Double Cut Pork Chops with Tamarind Glaze, Green Mole Sauce and Caramelized Sweet Potatoes