- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons brunoise red peppers
- 2 tablespoons brunoise yellow peppers
- 1 pound Louisiana crawfish tails
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 8 to 10 double-cut veal loin chops, 2 1/2 to 3 inches thick, 12 to 14 ounces each
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- FOR THE SAUCE:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 pound Louisiana crawfish tails
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 2 cups demi-glace
- 6 cups Creamy Stone Ground Grits, warm
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions, green part only
- EMERILíS CREOLE SEASONING:
- 2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- Preheat the oven to 400?F.
- In a sautÈ pan, over medium heat, heat the olive oil. When the oil is hot, add the onions and peppers. Season the vegetables with salt and cayenne. SautÈ for 2 minutes. Add the crawfish tails and continue to sautÈ for 2 minutes. Add the green onions, garlic, and parsley. SautÈ for 1 minute. Remove the mixture from the heat and turn into a mixing bowl. Cool the mixture for 2 minutes. Add the egg, bread crumbs and cheese and mix well. Set aside. Using a sharp knife, cut a pocket into the side of each veal chop about 1 3/4 inches deep and 3 inches long. Season each chop, outside and inside the pocket, with Creole seasoning. Stuff each chop with 1/4 cup of the crawfish mixture. Press the filling firmly into the pockets.
- In 2 large sautÈ pans, over medium heat, heat the 1/4 cup of the vegetable oil in each sautÈ pan. Sear the chops for 6 minutes on the first side, being careful not to char them. Turn the chops over and continue to sear the other side for 4 minutes. Lay the chops on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Roast the chops for 15 minutes for medium. Remove the chops from the oven and rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- For the Sauce: In a saucepan, over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the shallots and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. SautÈ for 1 minute. Add the crawfish Season with salt and pepper. SautÈ for 1 minute. Add the red wine and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and stir in the demi-glace. Simmer for 2 minutes and remove from the heat, keeping warm.
- Mound the grits in the center of each plate. Lay a chop on top of the grits. Spoon the sauce over each chop. Garnish with green onions.
- EMERILíS CREOLE SEASONING: Combine all ingredients thoroughly.
- Yield: 2/3 cup
Roasted Quail Stuffed With Veal Over Creamy Goat's Cheese Grits With A Maderia Reduction
Stuffed Roasted Veal Roast With A Spicy Tomato Sauce And Creamy Pasta
Bone-in Rib-eye Steak with Marchand Du Vin Sauce
Roasted Veal Loin Stuffed With Fontina Cheese And Truffles With A Mushroom Sauce
Sweetbread Stuffed Veal Chop With Seared Fois Gras And Candied Apples, Squash And Pecans
Andouille Cheese Grits With Crawfish Sauce
Egg Hussard With Marchand De Vin Sauce
Crawfish Stuffed Pork Chops With Crawfish Borderlaise Sauce
Roasted Lamb Chops Stuffed With Black Olives And Goatís Cheese
Crawfish And Goat's Cheese Stuffed Leg Of Lamb With Rosemary Jus