- 6 ounces bacon, chopped
- 4 (8-ounce) filet mignons
- 1 cup crumbled Stilton cheese or any type of blue-veined cheese
- Creole Seasoning
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, cut into 1/8-inch rings
- 1/2 cup Crystal Hot Sauce
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup demi-glace
- 1/2 cup port wine
- 1/2 cup port wine
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
- CREAMED POTATOES:
- 4 cups peeled and diced white potatoes (about 2 pounds)
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 head Roasted Garlic, pulp removed
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400?F.
- In a hot sautÈ pan, render the bacon until crispy, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes. On the side of each filet make a 2-inch slit forming a pocket. Stuff each pocket with 2 tablespoons of the cheese. Season the filets with Creole seasoning. In oven-proof sautÈ pan, add the olive oil. When the oil is hot, sear the filets for 2 minutes on each side. Place the pan in the oven and roast the filets for 6 to7 minutes for medium-rare. Toss the onions with the hot sauce. Season with salt. Dredge the onions in the flour, tapping off any excess. Heat the vegetable oil. Fry the onions until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Remove and drain on paper towels. Season with Creole seasoning. Remove the filets from the pan and set aside. Place the sautÈ pan on the stove. Over medium-high heat, deglaze the pan with the demi-glace and port wine. Remove from the heat and keep warm. Fold the bacon and bacon fat into the creamed potatoes.
- To assemble, divide the potatoes by 4 and mound the potatoes in the center of each plate. Lay each filet on top of the potatoes. Spoon the pan sauce over each filet. Garnish each plate with the remaining cheese, fried onions and parsley.
- CREAMED POTATOES: Combine the potatoes and 1 teaspoon of salt in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cover the potatoes with water and cook until fork tender, about 20 minutes. Drain. Return, the potatoes to the pan and over low heat, stir them with a fork or wire whisk for about 2 minutes to dehydrate them. Add the cream and garlic pulp. Stir to mix well. Add the white pepper. Mix well. **If omitting the bacon and bacon fat add 2 tablespoons of butter and 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Yields: 4 servings
Grilled Filet of Beef with Blue Cheese Glacage, Bacon and Sour Cream Mashed Potatoes and a Drizzle of Emeril's Homemade Worcestershire Sauce
Pan Roasted Filet Mignon Stuffed With English Stilton Served With Potato Walnut Confit And Port Wine Reduction
Blue Cheese Butter Spread, And Blue Cheese Butter Stuffed Chicken Breasts With Butter Infused Pan Sauce
Seared Beef Filets With Blue Gla«age
Blue Cheese Mashed Potatoes
Kicked Up Bacon Cheese Mashed Potatoes
Garlic Escargot With Goat Cheese, Fennel And Bacon Stuffed Mushrooms
Pistachio Crusted Rack Of Lamb With Goat Cheese Mashed Potatoes And Peasant Style Sauce
Petits Filets With Blue Cheese Glacage
Kicked Up Blue Cheese Stuffed Hamburgers