- 2 pounds regular (or smoked) mozzarella, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups Italian style bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon Emeril's Original Essence
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 6-inch skewers or fondue forks, for dipping
- Puttanesca Dipping Sauce
- Pat mozzarella dry, making sure there is no water on the surface, and set aside. Place the flour in a shallow dish. Combine the milk and eggs and place in a shallow bowl. Stir together the bread crumbs, Essence, and salt and place in a shallow dish.
- Heat vegetable oil about 1 1/2 inches deep, in a heavy saucepan or deep-fryer over medium-high heat to 325 to 330 degrees F.
- Dredge the mozzarella in the flour, shaking off any excess flour. Dip in the egg mixture and then the bread crumbs. Place mozzarella in hot oil and cook for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Allow mozzarella to stand for 3 to 5 minutes before serving, to allow the cheese to melt the entire way through. Serve warm on skewers or fondue forks with Puttanesca Dipping Sauce.
Puttanesca Dipping Sauce
Fried Duck Confit With Blueberry Sauce
Fried Avocado Slices With Spicy Lime Crema
Beer Battered Fried Okra Stuffed With Crabmeat And A Spicy Green Onion Dipping Sauce
Celery Root French Fries With Remoulade Dipping Sauce
Fried Pickles With Spicy Dipping Sauce
Fried Fresh Mozzarella Cheese With A Mushroom Ragu, Shaved Truffles And A Drizzle Of White Truffle Oil
Fried Kicked Up Jalapeno Poppers
Bob Marley's Reggae: Jerk Marinated Chicken† Breast Skewers, Chargrilled And Served With Creamy Cucumber Dipping Sauce And Yuca Fries
Grilled Vegetable Lasagna With Puttanesca Sauce And Pesto Oil