- CHOCOLATE COOKIE CRUST:
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3/4 cup finely ground Oreo cookies crust (NOTE: chocolate cookie only, cream stuffing removed)
- 4 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg white
- CHOCOLATE MINT CHIP ICE CREAM:
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup packed fresh mint leaves
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons crËme de menthe
- 3 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips, or coarsely chopped chocolate bar (about 1/2 cup)
- For the crust: Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, oreos, butter and sugar, and blend in a blender or food processor.
- Transfer to a 9-inch pie pan and spread across the bottom and up the sides using your fingers.
- Place another 9-inch pie pan on top and firmly press against the contours of the pan to pack the crust down onto the pan. (Some of the filling may spill over the edges of the pan.) Bake until golden, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool. Brush the crust with the egg white. Refrigerate before using.
- For the ice cream: In a medium saucepan, bring the cream, milk and mint to a gentle boil. Remove from the heat.
- In a bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and sugar until thick. Whisk 1 cup of the hot cream into the egg mixture. In a slow, steady stream, gradually add the egg mixture to the pan of hot cream. Cook over moderately low heat, stirring occasionally, until the mixture thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon and reaches 170° F on an instant-read thermometer, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and strain the mixture into a clean bowl through a fine mesh strainer. Pour into a container and cover with wax paper or plastic wrap, pressing down against the surface to keep a skin from forming. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- When cold, stir in the crème de menthe and chocolate chips. Pour into the bowl of an ice cream machine, and churn and freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- To Assemble Ice Cream Pie: Place the piecrust in the freezer for at least 1 hour.
- Remove the ice cream from the freezer and let sit at room temperature until soft enough to spread, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Remove the crust from the freezer and unwrap.
- Transfer the ice cream to the piecrust, filling to the top, and smooth with a spatula or the back of a spoon. Place in the freezer until firm, and serve.
Chocolate Mint Chip Ice Cream Pie
Emeril's White Chocolate Chip Brownie Ice Cream Sandwiches With Marshmallow Icing
Chocolate Mint Ice Cream Sandwiches
Chocolate Chip Pie With Bourbon Cream
Fried Ice Cream
Bourbon Chocolate Pecan Pie With Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
Mint Julep Ice Cream
Banana Ice Cream With Caramel Sauce And Crispy Plantain Chips
Emeril's Chocolate Chip Pie
Chocolate, Buttermilk Cake With Fudge Icing And Coffee Ice Cream