- CANOLA OIL PIE CRUST:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Pinch salt
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons cold milk
- About 2 tablespoons ice water
- BERRY FILLING:
- 2 cups mixed berries (Saskatoon berries, huckleberries, blueberries, blackberries, currants)
- 3 nectarines, pitted and sliced (about 1 3/4 cups)
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup, plus 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream or milk
- Into a medium bowl sift together the flour, sugar and salt. Stir in the oil and mix with a fork or pastry blender until the size of peas. Stir in the milk and mix until begins to form a dough. Stir in enough water to form a smooth ball. Flatten into a disk and wrap in plastic wrap. Allow to rest refrigerated for 20 to 45 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl toss the berries and nectarines with 1/4 cup of the sugar and the lemon zest. Let sit 3 minutes, then taste to determine if more sugar is needed, adding more as needed. Add the cornstarch and mix well.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough into a large circle, about 10-inches across. Tranfer to a baking sheet.
- Spread the fruit filling into the center of the dough, leaving a 2-inch border around the edge. Fold the edges over the filling, overlapping the dough into folds.
- With a pastry brush, brush the cream onto the dough border and sprinkle the remaining 2 teaspoons of sugar on top.
- Bake until the dough is golden brown and the fruit is bubby, about 35 to 40 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool on the baking sheet for at least 10 minutes before serving.
Mixed Berry And Nectarine Crostade With Canola Oil Pie Crust
Native Greens Salad With Toasted Flax Seeds, Fresh Berries, Oka Cheese Croutons And Flax Seed Oil Vinaigrette
Oat Cake With Warm Mixed Berry Compote And Clotted Cream
Nectarine And Mascarpone Tart In A Sugar Cookie Crust
Jerusalem Artichokes With Mushrooms And Truffle Oil
Berry Ice Cream Pie With Coconut Whipped Cream
Mixed Berry Compote
Cashew-Crusted Coconut Cream Pie with Lime Meringue
Watercress And Shoots Salad With Toasted Flax Seeds, Fresh Berries, Oka Cheese Croutons And Flax Seed Oil Vinaigrette
Pineapple Cream Pie With Coconut Crust