- Two 1 1/2 pound live lobsters
- 6 cups lobster or shrimp stock
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 leeks, well rinsed and thinly sliced (about 2 cups)
- 1 1/2 cups fresh white corn kernels (about 2 ears)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups Arborio rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup dulse flakes (dried seaweed)
- 8 chive stalks, for garnish
- Place the lobsters in a large pot of boiling salted water and cook until cooked through, about 8 to 10 minutes. Remove and drain in a colander. Rinse under cold running water and drain. When cool enough to handle, remove the tail meat and chop into 1/2-inch pieces. Remove the claw meat and set aside whole.
- In a large, heavy saucepan, bring the stock to a simmer. Remove from the heat, cover and keep warm until needed.
- In a heavy pot, heat the oil and butter over medium-high heat. Add the leeks and cook, stirring, until begin to soften, about 5 minutes. Add the corn, garlic, salt and pepper, and cook, stirring, until the leeks are soft but not brown and the corn is tender, about 3 minutes. Add the rice and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the wine and simmer, stirring, until absorbed, about 2 minutes. Add the hot stock 1/2 cup at a time, and cook, stirring constantly, until each addition of stock is nearly completely absorbed. Continue until all of the stock has been added and the risotto is creamy. (It will take about 20 to 25 minutes to add all of the stock and for the risotto to reach the right consistency.)
- Stir in the cream and reserved lobster tail meat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide the risotto among 4 serving plates. Garnish each with 1 lobster claw and 1 tablespoon of dulse. Arrange 2 chive stalks across each bowl and serve.
Lobster, Leek And Corn Risotto With Mussels, Oysters And Dulse
Lobster, Mushroom And Sweet Corn In A Pastry Boat
Poached Artic Char With Fiddlehead Ferns And Chanterelles
Salt Cod And Lobster Cakes With Roasted Corn Relish And A Classic Tartare Sauce
Crabmeat Stuffed Pompano With Roasted Baby Leeks And A Parsley Garlic Butter Sauce
Grilled Gulf Pompano With Shrimp Lemon Butter Sauce And Lemon Braised Leeks
Cipollini Stuffed Chicken Breasts And Poached Leeks With A Dijon Vinaigrette
Garlic Escargot With Goat Cheese, Fennel And Bacon Stuffed Mushrooms
Crawfish And Artichoke Risotto With Crispy Eggplant
Cornish Game Hens, Cooked Under A Brick, With Orzo Risotto And Grilled Zucchini