- 1 1/2 pounds pork loin or butt, removed from the bone and diced
- 1/2 pound pork fat
- 1/4 pound veal
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1 head garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon Essence
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 feet hog casings, optional
- Vegetable oil for frying
- UKRANIAN HONEY ONION DIPPING SAUCE:
- 4 cups thinly sliced yellow onions
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup beef or chicken stock
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons Creole mustard, or other spicy whole grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Pass the pork, pork fat and veal through a food grinder fitted with a coarse die. Place the meat in a large bowl and combine with wine, garlic, green onions, parsley, mustard seeds, salt, essence and pepper. Mix well by hand.
- Heat a teaspoon of oil in a small skillet, and cook about 2 teaspoons of the mixture to test the seasoning. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- With the sausage attachment on a mixer, stuff the casings, if being used. Twist and tie off to make 4-inch sausages. (Alternately, shape into patties.)
- Heat a large pot of vegetable oil to 360° F.
- With a sharp fork, prick each sausage twice, then carefully ease in batches into the hot oil. Cook until cooked through and golden brown, turning, about 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from the oil with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels and serve with Ukranian Honey Onion Sauce.
- Ukranian Honey Onion Dipping Sauce (lukovey vzhar): In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring, until caramelized, about 15 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the stock and bring to a boil. Cook, stirring, occasionally, until reduced by half. Add the honey, mustard and vinegar, and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer until thickened, about 6 minutes. Remove from the heat and cool for at least 10 minutes before serving with the sausages.
Creole Fried Chicken
Fried Fish Tacos with Corn and Tomato Salsa
Nashville Fried Catfish with Fried Pickles
Polish Deep Fried Garlic Sausage
Batter Fried Chicken
Buttermilk Fried Chicken
Spicy Buttermilk Fried Chicken with Pepper Jelly Drizzle
Fried Fish Fingers With Creole Tartar Sauce
Fried Catfish On A Stick
Fried Ravioli With Hot Sausage Ragu