- 3 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1/4 cup Grand Marnier
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 3 large egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- HAZELNUT CHOCOLATE SAUCE:
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier
- 8 ounces bitersweet or semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup toasted, chopped hazelnuts
- In a bowl combine the strawberries, 2 tablespoons of the Grand Marnier, 1/4 cup of the sugar, and the orange zest. Let macerate for at least 2 hours, and up to 8 hours, tightly covered, and refrigerated.
- Preheat the oven to 200°F.
- Have a large baking sheet lined with foil and greased lightly with butter.
- In a mixing bowl, beat 3 egg whites and 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar with a mixer until soft peaks form. Gradually add 3/4 cup of the sugar and beat until the meringue forms stiff, shiny peaks. Spoon the meringue into 6 equal mounds on the greased sheet, and using the back of a spoon, spread slightly out and make an indentation in the center.
- Place in the oven. Says to bake on the middle rack of the oven for 1 hour. Turn the oven off and leave in the oven until dry, about 1 hour. Remove from the oven and transfer to a rack to cool completely.
- In a the bowl of an electric mixer, have the heavy cream beat to soft peaks. Add the remaining 1/4 cup of the sugar and the remaining 2 tablespoons of the Grand Marnier, and beat just until stiff peaks begin to form.
- Place 1 meringue on each of 6 plates, and fill with 1/2 cup of the macerated strawberries. Top with a dollop of whipped cream, and drizzle warm chocolate sauce over the top. Serve immediately.
- HAZELNUT CHOCOLATE SAUCE: In a medium saucepan, bring the cream and Grand Marnier to a gentle boil. Remove from the heat, add the chocolate, and whisk until melted and well blended. Whisk in the hazelnuts and cover to keep warm until needed.
- Yield: about 1 1/2 cups
Meringue Shells With Macerated Strawberries, Whipped Cream And Hazelnut Chocolate Sauce
Chocolate Spaghetti With Whipped Cream, Sliced Strawberries And Chocolate Nibs
Oreo Cookie And White Chocolate Mousse Pie With Macerated Strawberries
Chocolate Covered Gooseberries, Strawberries, Figs, And Biscotti
White Chocolate Mousse In Chocolate Meringue Shells With Raspberry Coulis
Mashed Potato Crabcakes With Choron Sauce
Bread Pudding With Strawberry Raspberry Preserves And White Chocolate Sauce
Doubly Delicious Hot Chocolate With Real Whipped Cream
Microwave Double Chocolate Brownies With Sweetened Whipped Cream
Oysters On The Half Shell With Asian Dipping Sauce And Bookwalter Riesling