- ALMOND TUILE CUPS:
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 large egg whites
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup sliced blanched almonds, toasted
- RASPBERRY SORBET:
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 1/2 cups fresh raspberries (about 18 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Have a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper and set aside.
- Invert 12 ramekins or tea cups on the counter.
- In a bowl whisk together the flour, sugar and salt. Whisk in the whites, butter and almond extract until well combined. Let the batter sit at room temperature for 45 minutes. Drop rounded tablespoons of batter about 6 inches apart onto the baking sheet. Spread the batter with the back of a spoon into 5-inch rounds. Sprinkle each round with sliced almonds and bake in middle of oven until golden, about 5 to 8 minutes.
- With a thin spatula, quickly remove the cookies one at a time from the baking sheet and drape on top of a ramekin to create a cup shape. (If the cookies become too brittle, replace on the baking sheet and place in the oven for 10 seconds to soften.)
- Cool the tuiles completely on the ramekins, then gently lift off and transfer to a platter until ready to use.
- RASPBERRY SORBET: In a heavy saucepan have the sugar and water combined and boiled. Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring until the sugar is dissolved, 6 to 8 minutes. Remove from the heat and cool. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator until completely chilled, about 3 hours.
- Measure 3 cups of the syrup, saving the rest for another use.
- Divide the 3 cups of syrup, raspberries, and lemon juice into 2 equal portions.
- In a food processor, process 1 batch on high speed until smooth. Strain the mixture through a fine-mesh strainer into a clean bowl. Do the same with the other batch and then refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Pour the raspberry mixture into an ice cream machine and churn according to the manufacturer's directions.
- Plate sorbet in the tuile cups and garnish with raspberries, mint and powdered sugar.
- Yield: 1 quart
Almond Tuile Cups With Raspberry Sorbet
White Chocolate Grand Marnier Mousse In Chocolate Pistachio Tuile Cups
Chocolate Pistachio Tuile Cups
Mr' Lou's Sorbet Trio: Lemon Mint, Tangerine Basil, And Pineapple Raspberry
Charlie Trotters Whole Roasted Figs With Goat's Cheese Ice Cream, Spicy Fig Sauce And Oatmeal Tuiles
Cup Cakes With Vanilla And Chocolate Icings
Roasted Peach Soup Garnished With Peach Sorbet And Butter Cookies
Garlic Mojito Sorbet With Spicy Honey Garlic Brittle
Lime Sorbet Over Pound Cake With Tequila Flambeed Berries