- 1 bunch cilantro
- FOR THE COCONUT CURRY:
- One 13 1/2 ounce can coconut milk
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup mirin or sweet sake
- 1 tablespoon Asian fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon Thai red curry paste
- 1 teaspoon Asian sour shrimp paste or 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- FOR THE DISH:
- 3 tablespoons Peanut oil
- 1/2 pound monk fish cut into 2 x 1/2-inch strips
- 1 1/2 cups Japanese eggplant, cut 1/4 inch thick on the bias
- 1 1/2 cups Napa cabbage, cut into 1-inch wide ribbons
- 1/2 cup zucchini, cut 1/4 inch thick on the bias
- 1/2 cup seeded red bell pepper cut into slices 1/2-inch thick
- 1/3 cup peeled carrots cut into slices 1/8 inch thick on the bias
- 2 lime wedges
- Steamed rice
- 1/4 cup Thai basil leaves
- Have 1/4 cup of cilantro leaves picked from the bunch and have both on cutting board.
- In a medium saucepan, combine remaining cilantro leaves and stems, coconut milk, chicken stock, mirin, fish sauce, curry paste and sour shrimp paste. Bring to a simmer, cover and barely simmer for 30 minutes.
- Heat a wok with 2 tablespoons of the peanut oil over high heat. When the oil is smoking, add the monkfish and sear briefly. Remove the tuna to a plate and set aside. Add remaining tablespoon of oil to the wok and add eggplant, cabbage, zucchini, bell pepper and carrots and stir fry for 4 minutes.
- Strain the curry sauce through a fine mesh strainer. Add the curry sauce and the monkfish to the wok and simmers 1 to 2 minutes.
- Place a large spoonful of rice into a large soup bowl.
- Serve the curry over the rice and garnish with the reserved cilantro, basil and lime wedges.
Bacon Wrapped Monkfish With Beurre Rouge
Wok-seared Duck Salad
Wok Fried Tempura Ahi With Shoyu Mustard Butter Sauce And Tomato Ginger Relish
Roast Smothered Monkfish With Onion Crisps With Saffron Potatoes
Bacon Wrapped Monkfish Served Peasant Style
Monkfish Tails Piperade
Roast Smothered Monkfish With Onion Crisps
Emeril's Peasant Style Monkfish With Garlic Croutons