- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon plus 6 cups vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 1 cup powdered sugar, as optional topping
- 1 cup honey, as optional topping
- In the bowl of a food processor, mix the dry ingredients. Stir in 1 tablespoon of the oil and the water, and process until smooth. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and gently knead until the dough is just elastic and comes together, being careful not to over work.
- Shape the dough into a ball, cover tightly with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Divide the dough into 12 equal pieces. Flatten each piece and roll into a 7-inch circle, making as thin as possible and set aside.
- Poke a hole in the center with the handle of a wooden spoon or your finger.
- In a large sauté pan or deep fryer, heat the oil to 360°F.
- Slip the rounds one at a time into the hot oil and cook for 2 minutes, turning once with a long-handled spoon. Drain on paper towels and repeat with the remaining dough.
- Sprinkle the fried bread with powdered sugar and drizzle with honey, as desired, and serve.
Navaho Fry Bread
Butternut Squash And Chili Pan Fry
Homemade Beef Jerky
Classic Mexican Chocolate Drink With Fried Bread
Navajo Fry Bread
Coconut Mango Bread Pudding With Caramel Rum Sauce And Fried Coconut Strips
Air Fried Banana Bread
Rabbit With Peanut Sauce
Charleston Style Grits
Kicked Up Corn Maque Choux