- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry
- 1 egg beaten with 1 teaspoon milk
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 pound jumbo lump crabmeat, picked over to remove any cartilage and shell
- 1 ounce Sevruga caviar
- 24 spears baby asparagus, trimmed and lightly steamed until tender
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 6 saffron threads
- 1 cup crËme fraiche, or sour cream
- Halved baby red grape tomatoes, as garnish Chives, as garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Roll out each sheet of pastry on a lightly floured surface to a 10-inch square. Cut out 3 3x5-inch rectangles and paint with the egg glaze. Transfer to lightly greased cookie sheet and bake until puffed and brown, about 20 minutes. Transfer to a rack and cool.
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, gently heat the white wine. Remove from the heat and stir in the saffron. Let infuse for 10 minutes. Strain the wine into a clean bowl. Stir the crème fraiche into the saffron wine, and set aside.
- In a bowl combine the mayonnaise, chives and lemon juice, and stir well. Fold in the crabmeat, and then gently fold in the caviar, being careful not to break the eggs. Season as desired with salt and pepper. Split each pastry into 2 layers. Place 1 layer on each of 4 plates. Spread a layer of crabmeat salad on top of the pastry, and lay 3 asparagus spears on top. Drizzle a bit of saffron crème fraiche over the asparagus, then top with pastry, and continue layering, ending with a layer of pastry on top. Drizzle saffron crème fraiche over the pastry layer, and continue with the remaining 3 servings. (Each napoleon will have 2 crabmeat and asparagus layers, and 3 pastry layers.)
- Serve garnished with grape tomatoes and chives.
Crabmeat And Baby Asparagus Napoleons
Raspberry And Dried Pear Napoleons
Grilled Escolar With A Saute Of Fresh Asparagus, Baby Morels And Currant Tomatoes
Roasted Yellowtail Snapper With A Lump Crabmeat And Grilled Asparagus Relish With A Lemon Beurre Blanc
Crabmeat Stuffed Pompano With Roasted Baby Leeks And A Parsley Garlic Butter Sauce
Crab Salad With Zucchini Salad And Baby Asparagus
Herb Tossed White Asparagus, Fresh Crabmeat, And Grilled Radicchio Salad
Crabmeat Salad With Asparagus And Zucchini Blossoms
Lump Crabmeat Ravioli With Red Pepper Cream Sauce And Asparagus
Roasted Asparagus, Shaved Valdila Onion, Tomato And Crabmeat Salad