- 3/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup dark rum 1 cup water
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
- 1/2 cup long-grain white rice
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Sweetened whipped cream
- Place the raisins in a small bowl.
- In a small saucepan heat the rum over medium heat. Pour the rum over the raisins, cover and let soak at least 30 minutes and up to 2 hours. Drain.
- Scrape the vanilla beans into a small ramekin and reserve.
- Combine water, rice and vanilla bean in a heavy, medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, covered, until the rice is tender and the liquid is absorbed, about 20 minutes.
- Melt a teaspoon of butter in a small skillet. Add the almonds and sugar, and cook, stirring, until the sugar is caramelized, about 5 minutes. Spread the nuts on a sheet of aluminum foil to cool, separating them with a fork. Uncover rice, discard the vanilla bean, and let cool.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Butter one large 6 to 8-cup soufflé dish with the tablespoon of butter, and place inside a roasting pan.
- In a large bowl whisk together the milk, brown sugar, eggs, egg yolk, salt and reserved vanilla seeds. Stir in the raisins, sugared almonds and 1 1/2 cups cooked rice. Pour into the buttered dish. Add enough hot water to the roasting pan to come halfway up the sides of the dish. Bake until the pudding is set in center and brown around edges, about 1 hour 5 minutes. Remove the dish from the water and cool at least 15 minutes before serving.
- Serve warm with whipped cream.
Rice Pudding With Rum Raisins And Sugared Almonds
Cinnamon Rum Raisin Ice Cream With Fried Plantains And Spun Sugar
Coconut Mango Bread Pudding With Caramel Rum Sauce And Fried Coconut Strips
Kicked Up Fried Rice With Shrimp And Crabmeat
Black Sticky Rice Pudding With Strawberries And Mango Syrup
Jitterbug's Bread Pudding With Rum Creme Anglaise
Banana Walnut Bread Pudding With Buttery Rum Sauce
Rice And Pecan Griddle Cakes
Grilled Banana Splits with Hot Fudge and Rum Caramel Sauce
Flambeed Bananas And Rice Pudding In Individual Crispy Tortilla Bowls