- 2 cups sour orange juice, or 1/2 sweet orange juice and 1/2 lime juice
- 10 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- Emeril's Original Essence
- 1 6 ñ 7 pound boneless pork loin, cut lengthwise into 2 pieces, then butterflied open lengthwise
- 1/2 pound country ham, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound bacon, fried crisp and broken into pieces
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup pitted prunes
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped bell peppers
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 7-ounce bottle Malta, or other sweet dark malt beer
- In a large glass baking pan or bowl, combine the juice, garlic, bay leaf, paprika and about 2 teaspoons Essence. Place both pork pieces in the baking pan. Pour the marinade over the meat, cover and refrigerate. Allow the meat to marinate at least 4 hours, turning several times.
- Preheat the oven to 325ºF.
- Remove the meat from the marinade. In a large rectangular baking pan, lay one of the pork loin pieces flat. Sprinkle the meat with Essence, then spread the ham across the pork, followed by the bacon, eggs, prunes, carrots and bell pepper. Place the remaining pork loin on top of the layered meat, then roll up the two pieces into a roulade, firmly securing with butcher’s twine or wooden skewers.
- In a small bowl combine the sugar with the Malta and pour over the rolled pork. Bake until the meat reaches an internal temperature of 170ºF, about 1 hour, basting with the Malta sauce.
- Pour the reserved marinade into a small saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes. Set aside.
- Remove the roast from the oven and allow to cool before serving with the reduced sour orange juice sauce.
Paneed Pork Loin And Mashed Root Vegetables With A Roasted Cipollini And Field Pea Relish
Garlic Roasted Pork Loin With Raspberry Chipotle Glaze
Chili Pork Loin With Cilantro Oil
Roasted Veal Loin Stuffed With Fontina Cheese And Truffles With A Mushroom Sauce
Raisin Challah And Apple Stuffed Pork Loin
Roasted Pork Loin With Bacon And Onion Spatzle
Roasted Pork Loin
Roast Pork Loin With Rosemary
Orange, Cumin, And Cilantro Grilled Pork Loin
Smoked Oyster Dressing Stuffed Pork Chops With Andouille Hollandaise And Smothered Greens