- 9 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 cup roasted butternut squash puree
- Freshly ground white pepper
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan Reggiano cheese
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1 recipe of pasta dough, rolled out into wide ribbons, about 1/4 inch thick
- 12 fresh sage leaves
- 2 ounces Parmesan Reggiano Cheese
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- In a large sauté pan, over medium heat, melt one tablespoon of the butter. Add the shallots and sauté for 1 minute. Add the squash puree and cook until the mixture is slightly dry, about 2 to 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in the cream and continue to cook for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the cheese and nutmeg, to taste. Season with salt and pepper. Cool completely.
- Cut the pasta ribbon into 3 inch squares. Place 2 teaspoons of the filling in the center of each pasta square. Bring one corner of the square to the other, forming a triangle and seal the pasta completely. Bring a pot, with an insert, of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente, about 2 to 3 minutes or until the pasta floats and is pale in color. Remove the pasta from the water and drain well. Season the pasta with salt and pepper.
- In a large sauté pan, melt the remaining 8 tablespoons of butter.
- Add the sage to the butter and continue to cook until the butter starts to brown. Remove from the heat.
- Place some of the pasta in the center of each serving plate. Spoon the butter sauce over the pasta. Grate some of the cheese over each plate and garnish with parsley.
- Makes: 4 appetizer servings
Sweet Squash Raviolis With Sage Brown Butter Sauce
Butternut Squash Gnocchi With Balsamic Brown Butter
Pumpkin Gnocchi With A Brown Butter Sauce, Crisped Sage And Shaved Parmegianno-reggiano
Chestnut Ravioli With Sage Browned Butter
Zucchini Wrapped Fish With Butternut Squash Hash And Pinot Noir Butter Sauce
Gorgonzola Ravioli With Walnut Brown Butter
Pan Seared Shad Roe With A Brown Butter Sauce
Roasted Butternut Squash Custard Pie With A Pecan Crust
Baked Acorn Squash Filled With Italian Sausage And Rigatoni Pasta
Butternut Squash Lasagna With Italian Sausage And Sage