- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons cuttlefish ink
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1 pound (2 cups) Arborio rice
- 6 cups fish stock
- 2 pounds cleaned cuttlefish, cut into rings
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- In a large sauté pan, over medium heat, heat the oil. Add the onions and 1 tablespoon of the cuttlefish ink. Season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring. Sauté until the onions are slightly soft, about 3 minutes. Add 1 teaspoon of the garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Add the rice and sauté for 2 minutes. Start to slowly add the stock, stirring constantly, allowing the stock to absorb after each addition.
- Season the cuttlefish with salt and pepper. To a hot sauté pan, add olive oil, 1 teaspoon of the garlic, the remaining tablespoon of cuttlefish ink and the cuttlefish and sauté for 5 minutes. Stir half of the cuttlefish into the risotto. Stir in the butter, cream, cheese and parsley and simmer for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat.
- Spoon the risotto in the center of each shallow bowl. Top with the remaining cuttlefish. Garnish with parsley.
Herb Crusted Softshell Crabs With† A Fresh Tomato Risotto
Emeril's Frozen Belini
Bigoli In Salsa
Duck And Mushroom Rag? Over Creamy Polenta
Grilled Tomato Risotto With Roasted Portobello Mushrooms
Risotto Milanese Style
Sweet Corn, Black Trumpet And Truffle Risotto
Winter Squash And Duck Risotto