- 2 pounds diced alligator meat
- 5 cups water
- 2 tablespoonsCreole seasoning mix
- 1 pound andouille or smoked sausage, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onions
- One-halfcup chopped bell peppers
- One-halfcup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 (14-ounce) can crushed tomatoes, drained
- 3 tablespoons dark roux
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
- One-halfcup red wine
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 (8-ounce) package sliced mushrooms
- 1/2cup minced green onions
- 1/4cup parsley minced
- 10 cups cooked rice
- Place the alligator meat and 1 tablespoon of the Creole seasoning mix in large, heavy pot. Cover with water and bring to boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 30 minutes. Reserve two and one-fourth cups of the boiling liquid to use as alligator stock in the recipe.
- Heat the oil in large, heavy Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the andouille and cook until browned. Add the onions, bell peppers, celery and cook for 2 minutes over high heat. Add the garlic and cook for additional minute.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, roux, red wine, ketchup and hot sauce. Simmer over medium heat for 15 minutes allowing the water to evaporate. Be careful not to brown too much.
- Add the reserved alligator stock, thyme, lemon slices and bay leaves, and the remaining tablespoon of Creole seasoning mix. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cover. Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and the alligator meat and simmer, covered, for an additional 10 minutes. Add the green onions and parsley and serve over steamed white rice.
Linguine With Clam Sauce
Beef Stew In A Bag
Alligator Stewed In Sauce Piquant
Alligator Sauce Piquante Over Creamy Stone Ground Grits
Alligator Sauce Piquante
Chicken With Dijon Mustard And Cream Sauce
Lobster With Champagne Vanilla Sauce
Roasted Shrimp With Roasted Red Pepper Sauce And Warm Frisee Corn Salad
Roast Veal Brisket With Marsala Mushroom Sauce