- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh jalapeÒo peppers
- 1 teaspoon Emeril's Creole Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 turns freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups Basic Chicken Stock
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated jalapeÒo-flavored Jack cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375?F.
- Place the tortillas on a baking sheet and bake until crisp, dry, and golden, for about 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over high heat. When the oil is hot, sautÈ the onions, garlic, and peppers for about 30 seconds. Add the Southwest Seasoning, salt, pepper, and stock and bring to a boil. Cook for 10 minutes. Stir in the cream, and reduce the heat to medium.
- Crumble the tortillas and whisk them into the sauce. Whisk in the cheese and simmer for about 15 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Pour the sauce into a food processor or blender and purÈe until smooth and creamy. Serve immediately or store, refrigerated, in an airtight container for up to 24 hours. Reheat in a saucepan over lowest heat.
Grilled Tuna With Tortilla Sauce, Black Bean Chili, And Salsa
Southwest Cowboy Steak With Skillet Corn Sauce And Tortillas
Albuquerque Roast Chicken With Black Bean Chili, Guacamole, And Fried Tortilla Strips
J.K.'s Chocolate Soufflés with Chocolate Grand Marnier Sauce
Quail Milton with Wild Mushroom-Andouille Duxelles and Port Wine Sauce
Andouille Gnocchi With Spicy Tomato Sauce
Brandied Berry Sauce
Caramel Drizzle Sauce
Chanterelles, Crabmeat, And Fettuccine With Lemon Butter Sauce