- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup melted unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell peppers
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell peppers
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 12 turns freshly ground black pepper
- 1 3/4 pounds cream cheese, at room temperature
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup grated smoked Gouda cheese
- 1 pound (2 cups) chopped smoked salmon
- 2 1/4 cups Green Onion Coulis
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Combine the Parmesan, bread crumbs, and butter until thoroughly blended, and press the mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Heat the oil in a medium skillet over high heat. Add the onions and the green and red bell peppers and sauté, stirring and shaking the skillet, for 2 minutes. Stir in the salt and pepper, sauté for 1 minute, and remove from the heat.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese with the eggs in a large bowl until very thick and frothy, for about 4 minutes. Beat in the cream, Gouda, the sautéed vegetables, and the smoked salmon, and beat until thoroughly incorporated and creamy, for about 2 minutes.
- Pour the filling over the crust in the springform pan and bake until firm, for about 1 hour 15 minutes. Allow to cool to room temperature; if you refrigerate the cheesecake before serving, remove from the refrigerator and allow to come to room temperature, for about 1 hour.
- Prepare the Green Onion Coulis
- To serve, cut in wedges with a warm with a warm knife and serve each wedge with 2 or 3 tablespoons of the Green Onion Coulis.
- Note: Remove the crusts from a dense, homemade-type white bread, and crumb 3 or 4 slices at a time in a food processor or blender. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Crab And Wild Mushroom Cheesecake With Green Onion Coulis
Smoked Salmon Cakes With Lemon Dill Sauce
Green Onion Coulis
Gulf Fish Beignets With Green Onion Tartar Sauce
Crab and Corn Cheesecake with a Green Onion Coulis
Smoked Salmon Souffles With Dilly Egg Sauce And Caviar
Smoked Salmon Potato Hash With Poached Eggs And Caviar
Herbed Pan Roast Of Salmon With Warm Greens And Herb Vinaigrette
Smoked Duck Mousse Profiteroles With Chile Pepper Glaze
Crab And Wild Mushroom Cheesecake With Green Onions Coulis