- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 5 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 5 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier
- 2 cups cooked and mashed pumpkin
- 8 slides white bread, with crusts, torn into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 cups Kentucky Bourbon Sauce
- Fresh mint springs
- Preheat the oven to 350?F. Lightly grease an 8-cup ovenproof casserole or mold with 2 teaspoons of the butter.
- In a large bowl whisk together the half-and-half, cream, eggs, and orange zest. Add all of the granulated sugar, 4 tablespoons of the brown sugar, the ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, and Grand Marnier, and whisk vigorously until thoroughly blended. Add the pumpkin and whisk until incorporated. Fold in the bread and walnuts and mix thoroughly.
- Pour the mixture into the casserole, dot the top with the remaining 1 tablespoon butter, and sprinkle with the remaining 2 tablespoons brown sugar. Place the casserole in a water bath (a larger baking dish with about an inch of hot water). Bake until golden brown and puffy, for about 1 hour 15 minutes.
- About 15 minutes before the pudding is finished baking, prepare the Kentucky Bourbon Sauce.
- Serve warm or at room temperature. To serve, spoon the pudding into bowls or wineglasses, add 2 tablespoons of the Kentucky Bourbon Sauce, and top with a mint sprig.
Kentucky Bourbon Sauce
Classic New Orleans Bread Pudding with a Bourbon Sauce
Banana Chocolate Bread Pudding With Mint Créme Anglaise
Chocolate Chip Pie With Bourbon Cream
Duck And Pumpkin Risotto With Spicy Roasted Pumpkin Seeds And Duck Cracklings
Pumpkin Soup With Spicy Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
Lemon Pudding With Blackberry Coulis
Arugula With Cilantro Oil, Peppered Goat Cheese, And Roasted Walnuts
Cranberry Apple Pie With Sweet Walnut Topping
Chocolate Pecan Cake With White Chocolate Mocha Sauce