- 1/2 fresh uncooked turkey breast, with skin (about 4 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons Emerilís Creole Seasoning
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ounces (1/2 cup) chopped andouille sausage, casings removed
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 turns freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup Basic Chicken Stock
- 3 cups diced day-old bread
- 1 1/2 cups freshly shucked oysters with their liquor
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 cups Sage Reduction Sauce
- 5 lengths butcherís twine (each about 2 feet long)
- Preheat the oven to 400?F.
- Place the turkey breast, skin side down, on a flat surface. Butterfly by making a series of small cuts vertically in the meat, without cutting all the way through. Place a sheet of plastic wrap over the turkey meat and pound it with a mallet until very thin and flat. Remove the plastic wrap and sprinkle the meat with 1 tablespoon Creole Seasoning and 1 tablespoon sage.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add the andouille, onions, celery, and bell peppers and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add the garlic, parsley, and the remaining 2 tablespoons sage and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the Worcestershire, hot sauce, salt, pepper, and 1 tablespoon Creole Seasoning, and simmer for 2 minutes. Add the stock and fold in the bread cubes and oysters and cook for 1 minute. Fold in the green onions, cook for 2 minutes, and remove from the heat. Makes about 3 1/2 cups of stuffing.
- Spread the stuffing over the turkey meat and roll up, tucking in the ends. Slide 4 pieces of twine under the roll crosswise and tie. Slide the last piece under lengthwise and tie. Sprinkle the skin with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil and 1 tablespoon Creole Seasoning.
- Place the roll in a baking pan and roast until cooked through but tender, for about 1 hour, basting occasionally. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 15 minutes. Cut into 16 slices.
- About 20 minutes before the meat is removed from the oven, prepare the Sage Reduction Sauce.
- To serve, arrange 2 slices of stuffed turkey on each of 8 plates and drizzle 1/4 cup Sage Reduction Sauce over each serving.
Sage Reduction Sauce
Pork Roulade With Andouille Corn Bread Stuffing, Sage Jus, And Mango Chutney
Crawfish Stuffed Filet Mignon With Crawfish Bordelaise Sauce
Shrimp Stuffed Flounder With Sauce Piquante
Chicken Pockets Stuffed With Goat Cheese, Chorizo, And Pine Nuts On A Bed Of Southern Style Black Eye Peas
Crab Stuffed Shrimp With Tomato Butter And White Bean Relish
Stuffed Chicken Legs In Pastry With Andouille Cream
Stuffed Leg Of Lamb With Stewed Lentils
Stuffed Soft Shell Crabs With Pesto Cream
Oyster And Spinach Stuffed Turkey Roll With A Garlic And Wine Sauce