- 1 1/2 cups Wilted Wild Mushroom Salad
- 1 cup champagne or sparkling wine
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 vanilla bean, split and scraped
- 3 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 pounds freshly cooked lobster meat, the tails cut into 1-inch chunks and the claws left whole
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- Prepare the Wilted Wild Mushroom Salad, and set aside.
- Combine the champagne, lime juice, vanilla bean (including the pastry insides and the pod), shallots, and sugar in a medium skillet over high heat. Bring to a boil, breaking up the vanilla bean paste with a whisk to disperse it into the liquid, and simmer until the liquid is reduced by about half.
- Stir in the cream, salt, and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is thick enough to coat a spoon, for about 5 minutes. Whisk in 1 tablespoon of the butter, remove the skillet from the heat, and whisk until the butter is thoroughly incorporated. Strain through a sieve or cheesecloth, and keep warm until ready to serve. Makes 1 cup.
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over high heat. When the butter is half melted, add the lobster and sautÈ, tossing occasionally until the lobster meat is just warmed through, for about 1 minute. Remove the skillet from the heat, add the chives, and toss to mix well.
- To serve, pour 1/4 cup of the sauce into each of 4 dinner plates. Divide the mushroom salad into 4 equal portions and heap it in the center of each plate. Divide the lobster meat into 4 equal portions and arrange it around the mushroom salad.
Quail Milton With Wild Mushroom Andouille Duxelles And Port Wine Sauce
Fried Wild Mushroom Salad With Wild Mushroom Dressing
Veal With Artichokes And Wild Mushrooms
Crab And Wild Mushroom Cheesecake With Green Onion Coulis
Escolar Stew With Saffron Broth And Wild Mushrooms
Glazed Baby Back Ribs With Plum Sauce And Cilantro Potato Salad
Roasted Shrimp With Roasted Red Pepper Sauce And Warm Frisee Corn Salad
Wild Mushroom Salad Dressing
Wilted Wild Mushroom Salad
Wild Mushroom Smothered Steaks