- 2 cups Pico de Gallo
- 1 cup Guacamole
- 1/2 pound soft goat cheese such as Montrachet
- 2 teaspoons minced shallots
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 teaspoons unsalted butter, softened
- 8 small (6-inch) corn tortillas
- Prepare the Pico de Gallo, and set aside.
- Prepare the Guacamole, cover tightly with plastic wrap, and set aside.
- Combine the goat cheese, shallots, garlic, cilantro, cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper, and oil in a bowl. Mix with a large spoon until thoroughly blended.
- Spread 1/2 teaspoon of the butter on 1 side of each of the 8 tortillas and turn them over.
- Spread one-quarter of the goat cheese mixture on the unbuttered side of each of 4 tortillas. Cover the cheese with another tortilla, buttered side up, sandwich style. Press together lightly, taking care not to squeeze out any of the goat cheese filling.
- Heat a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. When the skillet is hot, cook a quesadilla, turning it 3 times, until golden brown and crisp on both sides, for about 4 minutes in all. Repeat the procedure with the remaining quesadillas, keeping those that are finished warm until theyíre ready.
- To serve, cut each quesadilla into 4 wedges, and arrange on a dinner plate. Place 1/4 cup of the Guacamole in the center, and drizzle 1/2 cup of the Pico di Gallo over the Guacamole and between the quesadilla wedges.
Southwest Cheese Pie With Pico De Gallo
Pico De Gallo
Arugula With Cilantro Oil, Peppered Goat Cheese, And Roasted Walnuts
Chicken Pockets Stuffed With Goat Cheese, Chorizo, And Pine Nuts On A Bed Of Southern Style Black Eye Peas
Spinach And Goat Cheese With Warm Andouille Dressing
Albuquerque Roast Chicken With Black Bean Chili, Guacamole, And Fried Tortilla Strips
Beggarsí Purses Of Lamb, Goat Cheese, And Pine Nuts On A Bed Of Rosemary Lentils
Chile-Glazed Crispy Confit Duck Wings with Blue Cheese Crème Fraiche and a Shaved Celery and Grape Salad
Carnitas Soft Tacos With Guacamole And Pico De Gallo
Duck And Pumpkin Risotto With Toasted Pumpkin Seeds And Duck Cracklings