- 2 cups Fish Stock or
- Shrimp Stock
- 1 teaspoon saffron threads
- 2 cups diced escolar or other white firm-fleshed fish steak, such as yellowfin tuna, halibut, amberjack, or monkfish
- 2 teaspoon Emeril's Creole Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup assorted fresh wild mushrooms, such as chanterelles, shiitakes, oyster mushrooms, or black trumptets, stemmed if needed and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons peeled, seeded, and chopped Italian plum tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup rinsed and stemmed fresh spinach leaves
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 turns freshly ground black pepper
- Combine the stock with the saffron in a bowl and let sit to allow the saffron to infuse the stock, for about 15 minutes.
- Combine the escolar with the Creole Seasoning and use your hands to coat the fish thoroughly.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over high heat. When the oil is hot, add the seasoned escolar and sautÈ, shaking the skillet, for about 1 minute. Add the mushrooms, tomatoes, basil, green onions, garlic, and spinach and sautÈ for 1 minute. Add the mushrooms, tomatoes, basil, green onions, garlic, and spinach and sautÈ for 1 minute. Stir in the infused stock and simmer for 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in the salt and pepper and remove from the heat. Makes about 4 cups.
- Serve hot in shallow bowls with hot crusty bread.
Quail Milton with Wild Mushroom-Andouille Duxelles and Port Wine Sauce
Crab And Wild Mushroom Cheesecake With Green Onion Coulis
Lobster With Champagne Vanilla Sauce And Wild Mushroom Salad
Veal With Artichokes And Wild Mushrooms
Fried Wild Mushroom Salad With Wild Mushroom Dressing
Sauteed Escolar With Curry Oil And Apple Mint Couscous
Roasted Shrimp With Saffron Potatoes And Tomato Mirliton Relish
Wild Mushrooms, Tasso, And Angel Hair Pasta
Wild Mushroom Smothered Steaks
Crabmeat Potato Salad With Warm Saffron Dressing