- 6 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 fillets (about 6 ounces each) flounder, pompano, scrod, snapper, haddock, bass, tile, redfish, drum, sole, grouper, or your favorite flakey fish
- 4 tablespoon Emeril's Creole Seasoning
- 2 large onions, sliced in rings
- 8 Italian plum tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 32 turns freshly ground black pepper
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- Preheat the oven to 425?F.
- Fold 4 sheets of parchment paper (16 1/2 by 24 1/2 inches) in half, and clip off the 2 open corners, cutting them round to create an ear shape. Spread the parchment sheets (now oblong shaped) open on a flat surface, and brush each with 1 tablespoon of the oil.
- Sprinkle each fillet all over with 1 tablespoon Creole Seasoning. Pat the seasoning on with your hands and place each fillet on half of a parchment sheet.
- Fan one-quarter of the onion rings and 2 of the sliced tomatoes over each fillet; sprinkle each with 1/4 teaspoon of the salt, 8 turns freshly ground black pepper, 1 teaspoon of the garlic, and 3 tablespoons of the basil. Drizzle 1 teaspoon of the oil over each.
- To close each bag, fold the second side of the paper over the layered food, fold the bottom edge over the top, and work your way edge over edge, folding and twisting, until the bag is sealed. Turn each bag over and place it on an ovenproof plate, or place all on a baking sheet. (If you bake them on plates, you wonít have to transfer them later.) Brush the top of each bag with the remaining oil (1 teaspoon per bag), and bake until the paper is puffed up and golden brown, for about 20 minutes.
- To serve, place a bag on each plate, slit the bag in an ìX,î and fold back the paper. Serve steaming hot.
- Note: Parchment paper can be bought at most supermarkets or any culinary equipment store. If you absolutely canít find any, use aluminum foil, but the effect wonít be as elegant.
Beer Battered Fish With Twice-fried Vinegar Chips And Basil Mayonnaise
Chicken, Fish, Or Shrimp Glaze
Gulf Fish Beignets With Green Onion Tartar Sauce
Wild Mushroom Smothered Steaks
Pork Roulade With Andouille Corn Bread Stuffing, Sage Jus, And Mango Chutney
Quail Milton with Wild Mushroom-Andouille Duxelles and Port Wine Sauce
Albuquerque Roast Chicken With Black Bean Chili, Guacamole, And Fried Tortilla Strips
Beggarsí Purses Of Lamb, Goat Cheese, And Pine Nuts On A Bed Of Rosemary Lentils
Big Easy Seafood Okra Gumbo