- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons Emerilís Creole Seasoning
- 4 skinned and boned duck breast halves (from 2 ducks)
- 12 slices bacon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 turns freshly ground black pepper
- 4 teaspoons chopped unroasted pistachio nuts
- 1/2 medium avocado, peeled, pitted, and cut into 8 vertical slices
- 1 cup Pistachio Armagnac Sauce
- Prepare a dry marinade by combining the shallots, garlic, tarragon, basil, and Creole Seasoning in a small bowl.
- Place the duck breasts between sheets of plastic wrap and pound them with a meat mallet until theyíre very thin---1/16 to 1/8 inch thick. Remove the plastic wrap, rub the dry marinade into both sides of each breast, place the breasts in a covered dish, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight, if possible.
- Preheat the oven to 400?F. Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper.
- Lay 3 slices of the bacon on a flat surface. Place 1 duck breast on top of the bacon along one end. Sprinkle the breast with 1/4 teaspoon of the salt, 2 turns of the pepper, and 1 teaspoon of the pistachios. Arrange 2 avocado slices on top, and roll up---with the bacon---1 turn, or just until the bacon overlaps itself. Trim off the excess bacon and save it for the Pistachio Armagnac Sauce. Repeat the procedure to make the remaining roulades.
- Place the roulades on a baking sheet and bake until the bacon is brown and crisp and the duck meat tender, for about 30 minutes. Remove from the oven. Using a very sharp knife, trim off the ends of each roulade and then cut each across into 4 slices.
- While the roulades are baking, prepare the Pistachio Armagnac Sauce.
- To serve, spoon 1/4 cup of the Pistachio Armagnac Sauce on each of 4 plates and arrange 4 roulade slices on top.
Pistachio Armagnac Sauce
Pork Roulade With Andouille Corn Bread Stuffing, Sage Jus, And Mango Chutney
Duck, Andouille, And Scallion Pancakes With Ginger Orange Sauce
Grilled Flat-Iron Steak with Avocado, Tomato, and Red Onion Salad
Duck And Pumpkin Risotto With Spicy Roasted Pumpkin Seeds And Duck Cracklings
Smoked Duck Stew With Smoked Duck Dumplings
Curry Crusted Lamb Chops With Garlic Wine Sauce And Potato Shallot Custards
Glazed Baby Back Ribs With Plum Sauce And Cilantro Potato Salad
Grilled Tuna With Tortilla Sauce, Black Bean Chili, And Salsa
Lobster With Champagne Vanilla Sauce And Wild Mushroom Salad